Monday, February 20, 2012

Black Fireplaces

I am slowly trying to pinpoint my likes and dislikes in regards to what I want in our future home.  It won't be long until we're back in CT buying a new home.

The other day, I was perusing my 'pins' and I noticed a trend - black fireplaces.  I like the contrast.  I like the masculine edge.  Especially against a neutral backdrop, it can really create a dramatic effect.




In the above three photos, I especially like how the touches of pink, cream and gold soften the spaces which contrasts with the masculine feel of the fireplace.   


Carrie from Hazardous Design recently painted her fireplace a dark color and it turned out fantastic.






Images via pinterest

I admit painting a fireplace black would be stepping out of my comfort zone.  I think I would typically want to play it safe and go with a traditional white one, but I'm trying to push myself a bit and force myself to take some risks.  

So, how about you - would you consider a black fireplace in your home?


No comments:

Post a Comment